Groundhog day is one of those holidays you kind of forget about until it creeps up on you. But if you’re looking to get a bit creative at home with your kids or at your preschool, why not have some fun with this super cute groundhog day snack idea? These groundhog day pudding cups would be so much fun to make with kids and they will have even more fun eating them afterwards!
Oh my gosh – I can’t get over how cute these little groundhog day pudding cups are! If you are hosting a party for groundhog day, or you’re simply looking for a groundhog day activity, then this is the activity you need to do!
Groundhog Day Snack Idea
Ok so here are the details to make these groundhog day pudding cups!
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Pudding Cups
- Coconut Flakes
- Brown M&M’s
- Small Candy Eyes
- Small Marshmallow Bits
- Green Food Coloring
- Put coconut flakes in a bowl and mix with a few drops of the green food coloring.
2. Open one Nutter Butter cookie and use the inside “butter” to add the facial features on the groundhog.
3. Spread a little bit of the inside butter on the back of the eyes, nose (brown M&M’s), and teeth (small marshmallow bits). Then simply press on cookie.
4. To make the ears, take one M&M and cut in half. Then use some of the inside butter again to place on top of the cookie.
5. Now take your final groundhogs and place them inside the pudding cups. Top the cups with your “grass” (green coconut flakes).
Voila! You have your finished groundhog day snack – these super cute groundhog day pudding cups! Kids of all ages will love making these and the best part is that they can eat them after too (who wouldn’t want to take a bite out of this yummy treat!). Just make sure you let the little guy see his shadow first. Or is it not see his shadow? I can never remember which one is the one you want for less Winter!
Have a fun Groundhog Day!
Want more fun Kids Activities? Follow our Kids Activities board on Pinterest!
Looking for more fun Winter Activities for your kids?This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.